Sunday, August 15, 2021

My 51 year old self's thought about death

 A person on a facebook group asked for help & suggestions for her 7 year old child who has just become afraid of death. This was my response:

I remember when I became aware of death. I was 9 or 10. It would be worst at night when I was alone in my room in the dark. I'd wonder if that's what death was like - being alone and in the darkness. It really freaked me out.

I honestly do not remember what helped.

Now, when I get fearful of death I remind myself that as a baby I was born into a world where I knew no one, yet I was safe and cared for. I just have to have faith that whatever happens after death, I'll be safe and cared for again.

It helps that I believe in God, too, and believe that God is everywhere and will guide me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment